Image 19 of 231

Kelly Ingram Park, located next to the Civil Rights Institute and across the street from the 16th St. Baptist Church, in Birmingham, Alabama

20140227_ingram_pk_0051.jpg

Add to Cart Add to Lightbox Download
Kelly Ingram Park, named in 1932 for local firefighter Osmond Kelly Ingram, is a four acre park located in Birmingham, Alabama. In 1992 it was completely renovated and rededicated as "A Place of Revolution and Reconciliation" to coincide with the opening of the Birmingham Civil Rights Institute, an interpretive museum and research center, which adjoins the park to the west. It is bounded by 16th and 17th Streets and 5th and 6th Avenues North in the Birmingham Civil Rights District. The park, just outside the doors of the 16th Street Baptist Church, served as a central staging ground for large-scale demonstrations during the American Civil Rights Movement of the 1960s.
Copyright
copyright © 2014 Susan Seubert All Rights Reserved
Image Size
5100x3400 / 13.8MB
Kelly Ingram Park, named in 1932 for local firefighter Osmond Kelly Ingram, is a four acre park located in Birmingham, Alabama. In 1992 it was completely renovated and rededicated as "A Place of Revolution and Reconciliation" to coincide with the opening of the Birmingham Civil Rights Institute, an interpretive museum and research center, which adjoins the park to the west.  It is bounded by 16th and 17th Streets and 5th and 6th Avenues North in the Birmingham Civil Rights District. The park, just outside the doors of the 16th Street Baptist Church, served as a central staging ground for large-scale demonstrations during the American Civil Rights Movement of the 1960s.